Weah Weeklies, 5/22 editionIt's that time again, the weekly awards as only Sporlitics (and George Weah) can bring em...
Weah to go:
1) Michael Barrett: Gotta be #1 this week. Thanks, Mike. (reasons listed here) Any shot that Commish Selig, in leiu of a suspension, send Mikey a box o' chocolates?
2) English-speakers: New Senate bill gives us the permanent upper hand...
3) non-english speakers: ...until that same bill was derailed on account of semantics. Turns out no-one has the upper hand.
4) Barry Bonds: Come on. Even off a tee, 714 is damn impressive. Especially for a geriatric.
On the Weah down:
1) Barry: He did it on more juice than that cute little Welch's girl.
2) The NBA: Makin us wait 4 days for game 7 of the ClipJoint/Suns smackdown? Why don't you hand Nash the series...
3) (GOP) Congresspeople: A slew of new articles detailing how many more congressional races are in play this November, and most of them are occupied by GOP pols.
The "Take that, Darwin" Award of the week:
Mark Oaten, member of British Parliament. Resigned earlier this year after having an affair with a male prostitute. That's not the award-winning part. His excuse for his actions? Pressure because he was losing his hair. We couldn't make this up if we tried.