Weah Weekly Awards, 3/20And now, for the Weah's, Sporlitics' weekly awards named after a great athlete (George Weah) now making his way into the world of Politics in his home country of Liberia...
Weah to go:
1) George Mason: No matter what they do from here on out, they made some serious headway for the CAA and shutup all those naysayers.
2) Russ Feingold: firmly holds onto his place as ballsiest Senator. Throw in a great appearance on the Daily Show, and it's another solid week.
3) Whomever is winning their pool.
On the Weah down:
1) Dick Vitale, Seth Davis, Billy Packer, and Jim Nantz: All ate crow on (respectively) Duke prediction/love affair, Gonzaga prediction/love affair, railing on MVC, railing on Craig Littlepage (one of the classiest men in sports). Packer/Nantz keep trying to change the subject to the Big 10, but they look like morons, as usual.
2) President Bush: his answer to sagging approval ratings and a disatrous war effort is to call a press conference and beat up on an 85 year-old lady.
3) US Soccer: maybe no one cares, but they got blown out this week against a faltering German squad--although the US was missing many stars.
The "Take that, Darwin" Award of the Week:
JP Bautista, Gonzaga. Derek Raivio was standing right there, wide open. Throw him the damn ball!